Mar 11, 2019
Hiring- Senior Scientist
The Senior Scientist is responsible for managing and executing contract analytical projects through collaboration with staff scientists and clients when necessary. This role requires proven technical skills as a professional in the field of Analytical Chemistry or Quality Control, demonstration of superior team work and an ability to navigate the dynamic nature of contract analytical services and a start-up business. The Senior Scientist works closely with management to develop efficient, compliant and technically appropriate client project proposals. As a leader in the company, the Senior Scientist is empowered to take ownership of projects and communicate status and resource needs to management. This position reports directly to the Senior VP of Operations.
- Manage day-to-day project activities and act as internal resource for technical information pertaining to analytical chemistry and microbiology.
- Work with management to build collaborative partnerships with potential clients to develop value in the core business areas of contract Analytical Sciences, Analytical Chemistry and microbiology.
- Develop and present creative solutions for challenges presented by clients. Articulate recommendations and solutions in client project proposals.
- Execute laboratory studies within the constraints of cGMPs and a start-up business operating model.
- Work in a collaborative environment with staff scientists and quality management
- Demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm for developing staff
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge and experience with developing and validating analytical chemistry methods utilizing HPLC, UPLC, GC, spectroscopy, osmometry and other analytical equipment as necessary
- Knowledge and experience with microbial and endotoxin detection methods
- Knowledge and experience with regulatory requirements and cGMPs
- Demonstrated laboratory skills including analytical techniques, scientific methodology, notebook notation and SOP creation
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and driven to exceed goals and work effectively with minimal direction
Education and Experience Requirements:
- S., M.S. or Ph.D. in chemistry, chemical engineering, microbiology
- Experience in cGMPs and pharmaceutical industry
- Candidate should enjoy working in a small company/entrepreneurial/high risk and collaborative atmosphere
- Ability to implement and utilize operational excellence/ lean operating standards
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Relocation expenses can not be covered.