Sep 12, 2019
Hiring- Part Time Associate Scientist
The Associate Scientist is responsible for supporting and executing contract analytical projects through collaboration with staff scientists. This role requires proven technical skills as a professional in the field of Analytical Chemistry or Quality Control, demonstration of superior team work and an ability to navigate the dynamic nature of contract analytical services and a start-up business. This role will entail owning/authoring equipment and client protocols/reports. Additionally, responsibilities include sample management, SOP authoring, equipment preventative maintenance, equipment qualification, training and safety awareness.
- Execute laboratory studies within the constraints of cGMPs and a start-up business operating model.
- Own and execute equipment qualification, calibration and maintenance
- Author SOPs
- Work in a collaborative environment with staff scientists and quality management
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge and experience with developing and validating analytical chemistry methods utilizing HPLC, UPLC, GC, spectroscopy, osmometry and other analytical equipment as necessary
- Knowledge and experience with regulatory requirements and cGMPs
- Demonstrated laboratory skills including analytical techniques, scientific methodology, notebook notation and SOP creation
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and driven to exceed goals and work effectively with minimal direction
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS in chemistry, biology, chemical engineering or microbiology
- 2-10 years experience in cGMPs and pharmaceutical industry
- Candidate should enjoy working in a small company/entrepreneurial and collaborative atmosphere
- Ability to implement and utilize operational excellence/ lean operating standards
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Relocation expenses can not be covered.